This is the obligatory, “What I did this summer” blog.
This summer I:
1. Cleaned a python’s cage
2. Re-learned how to do manual labor
3. Got callouses on my hands from manual labor
4. Stayed at a 5-star hotel
5. Learned how to be comfortable at cocktail parties.
6. Stopped biting my nails
7. Held a Revolutionary War musket
8. Went horseback riding in the desert
9. Went cliff jumping
10. Went on a jeep ride in Sedona
11. Instigated two-stepping and line dancing for 50 people (even though I didn’t know how to do either dance…)
12. Had brilliant conversations with individuals far more intelligent and successful than I could ever hope to be
13. Babysat 3 toddlers and a nine month old
14. Side-hugged a Supreme Court Justice
15. Earned callouses from wearing heels at a reception at the Supreme Court. Marble floor hurt.
16. Went to a contemporary, Calvinist church, followed by a liturgical Baptist church, followed by a Gospel-singing non-denominational church.
17. Ate duck
18. Cleaned of my own accord
19. Ate delicious mac & cheese at a wedding
20. Towed my car to get it rekeyed
21. Flirted my way into a discounted rate on a car repair
22. Went to my first real club
23. Became comfortable with ambition
24. Learned how to make Gin and Tonic
25. Discovered accomplishments aren’t really that exciting, so you better enjoy the journey
26. Learned to use y’all
Hope your summer was fantastic. Hopefully this next year will be just as much of an adventure as the last.